The Objects for
which the association is established are :
- To aid and develop pharmaceutical education
in all its branches and to co-ordinate the
functioning of all the district associations
of Chemists & Druggists in Maharashtra.
- To Promote the scientific study of all branches
of drug trade industry and allied trades and
with a view there to establish, maintain or
help in the establishment or maintenance of
medical and pharmaceutical organizations,
laboratories, research arrangements, seminars
refresher courses and also foundation and
endowment of studentships or scholarships
and to take over the management of such associations
formed for similar objective.
- To encourage and assist the drug trade,
industry & allied trades in the diffusion
of useful knowledge by arrangement and provision
of rooms holding of exhibitions, meetings
and conferences, lectures, printing and publishing
of news paper, periodicals, journals, bulletins,
leaflets, books, publishing house circulars
- To collect and circulate statistics and
all other such information relating to the
drug trade industry and allied trades.
- To establish and maintain or to help in
the establishment or maintenance of libraries
and reading rooms for general use of the members
of the association and all those engaged in
the drug trade, industry and allied trades.
- To take necessary steps to safeguard the
interest of the public in all possible ways
particularly against misbranded, sub-standard
or spurious drugs and medicines or help in
the undertaking of legal action in such matter
singly or in co-operation with others.
to promote and protect the interests of drug
trade and allied lines in Maharashtra and
of persons engaged therein.
- To promote the development of pharmaceutical
To elect or nominate representatives to legislatures,
public or private bodies, committees etc.
- To subscribe to or become member of and
co-operate with or amalgamate either wholly
or partially with All India Association of
Pharmaceutical and/or allied trade, wiz (AIOCD)
whether incorporated or in part similar to
those of this association or to help them
- To alter, extend or abridge any of the purposes
mentioned in the memorandum accept any other
purposes as may think fit by the association.
- To develop and maintain friendly relations
amongst its members and all persons engaged
in the pharmaceutical trade and allied trades
and profession and also government medical,
mercantile or other public or private bodies
- To maintain and establish uniformity in
rules, regulations usages of the trade and
- To undertake or help in undertaking propaganda
or publicity work in any part in any way on
behalf of the trade and also all merchandise,
singly or along with others.
- To form or constitute or take over any "chain
of medical stores" or any pharmaceutical
marketing unit or co-operative trading and
- To acquire or purchase or buy exclusive
marketing rights or marketing rights of any
pharmaceutical or healthcare product or products.
- In order to achieve the above objects
'the association' shall have the following
- To acquire, purchase, lease, hire or
otherwise, lands, buildings, and other
property movable or immovable to construct,
maintain or alter any house, buildings
or lands or works necessary for the purpose
of the association as it might think necessary
from time to time.
- To accept request, gifts, donations
and subscriptions or provide funds or
endowment for the benefit of 'the association'
or for any specific purpose as it might
- To sell, let out, improve, develop,
exchange, lease, mortgage or dispose off
or turn to account otherwise deal in or
with property of 'the association'.
- To invest all monies not immediately
required for the purposes of its business
upon such securities or in such manner
as may from time to time and to make donations
as and when think fit by it.
- To organize extensive lectures, seminars,
refresher courses by eminent persons in the
field of medicines, pharmacy and allied subjects
and specialized ailment diagnosis methods.
- To organize suitable medical relief in areas
affected by malnutrition epidemics and other
natural calamities. (Tours for omitted)
- To borrow or raise money required for
the purpose of 'the association' upon
such terms and in such manner and on such
securities as may be determined.
- To make, accept, endorse, execute issue
and negotiate promissory notes, bills
of exchange debentures and other negotiable
- To raise money by subscription or otherwise
and to grant right and privileges to the
- To do all such other acts, as may be
conducive to the objects stated in the
memorandum or to any one of them.